Monday, February 06, 2006

My Friend Cohen is an Angel Now... February 6, 2006

Today was a horrible, sad, sad day. My friend, Cohen, who was born on Oct. 24, 2006, only 3-1/2 months after me, died today. That's us on his birthday in the picture...

The grown-ups are saying it was SIDS, or Sudden Infant Death Syndrome. I don't understand it, he was just fine a few weeks ago when we hung out while our mom's exercised at the gym. We didn't get a chance to play together too much, mostly because I can't really sit up for too long at a time, and Cohen couldn't sit up on his own at all yet. But we talked while we sat in our carriers, and he was a really great kid. I liked him a lot, and we talked about how much fun it will be in a few years when we are big enough to run and ride bikes together. Now he is with God, though, and won't be able to ride bikes with me anymore. I miss him already, I hope he knows that. Mom says that he is an angel, who is looking down on us from Heaven and keeping us all safe. That makes me feel better, but I still wish he was here with us. I sure hope that someone can get some answers about SIDS, and keep it from happening to anyone else. Maybe someday I'll become a doctor and can find a cure...
Goodbye, Cohen, I will miss you...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home