Friday, November 17, 2006

Entry from Mom...

Normally I wouldn't butt into my son's blog and type in something myself, but this time is the exception. I just have to share this story, so I have it on record, and to teach a lesson to everyone reading this who also has little children...

This afternoon I had Dillon in the bathtub, nothing unusual, just a normal bath. We finished up, towel-dried off, and got out of the tub. I usually let him run around naked for a few minutes to let his bottom air out - fully expecting to have to blot up a spot of pee on the carpet later, but even if I do, it's no biggie. I went back into the bathroom for a minute (probably less than a minute) and I thought, "boy, it's starting to smell in here! That's odd, the bathroom was just cleaned Wednesday!" So I tried to figure out what it was - maybe the mat needed to be sprayed with bleach, or maybe the shower curtain was wet and was starting to mold. No, maybe it was his toys that never completely empty out after each bath. No, that wasn't it, either. Strange... What could it be? Then from behind me I hear a whisper, "cah-cah... cah-cah..." (For those that don't know, that's Dillon's way of saying, "yucky!" He says it at just about every diaper change, and when he gets food in his mouth he doesn't like.) Then I hear a choking-coughing sound. Oh my gosh, what did he find that he is now choking on? I turn around and step out of the bathroom just as this little skinny naked boy walks up to me with his towel in one hand, and poop in the other, along with some poop smeared around his mouth. I look into our bedroom, and there are definitely turds laying on the floor in there. My mind is going a mile a minute - "it looks like cat puke, but the cats are downstairs, that couldn't be... Did Boozer come up here and poop on the floor? No, certainly not.. Oh gross - DILLON POOPED ON THE FLOOR AND IS EATING IT!!!!!" I would have loved to have a picture of my face the whole time those thoughts were rushing through my mind. Or his face as he's staring up at me with that poopy grin, saying, "cah-cah!" Well, back in the bathtub he went, and after I took him out, it was straight to the changing table where a diaper was promptly put on his skinny little butt!

So the lesson to learn here is this - if you let your kids run around naked after their bath, you better at least keep an eye on them the entire time they're diaperless, or you may be sorry!!!

(Sorry no pics for this post, but I'm sure you can understand how grabbing the camera wasn't tops on my list of things to do when I encountered my little cah-cah!)

3 Comments:

At 11/18/2006 12:24 PM, Blogger MiniCircus said...

You know I am disappointed that there are no shots of this, but I think I understand... I would have expected this from Sofi, everything goes in her mouth but not D. I am sure he learned his lesson...

 
At 11/20/2006 9:40 AM, Blogger Hannah said...

Oh no!! No kisses from you anytime soon! Just kidding :). Hope that mommy has recovered from the shock of it all!

 
At 11/27/2006 12:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grammy can just see you doing this to your Mommie, of course it was her fault for letting you go without your diaper...Wow what a picture that would have been.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home