Saturday, December 30, 2006

After I was worn out, we opened gifts as a family. Mommy and Daddy got me a really cool Weebles tree house, and a fun zoo train that plays a tune that drives Mom and Dad nuts!
After the fun of opening gifts, we ate some breakfast, took a nap, and headed over to Gramma and Poppa's house. Aunt Laura was there, too - we all got to exchange MORE gifts and play with all the fun toys for the rest of the day. Gramma and Poppa gave me a really nice toybox / bench that I just love to climb up on and read books and play!

Aunt Laura gave me a super fun gift - a percussion kit!!! We all had fun playing around and making music all night long! Even Daddy got in on the action!

To sum everything up, although my pictures may make it seem like Christmas is all about gifts, I know it isn't. It's about celebrating the birth and life of Jesus Christ, our Savior. Unfortunately, I didn't go to church with Mommy and Daddy on Christmas Eve because it was late, and because I don't sit still for that long just yet. They told me that next year we can start baking a cake for baby Jesus and singing Happy Birthday to him after church. Maybe then I'll be old enough to go! Back to the gifts - they are given to those we care about most as a symbol for our love - because God is love, and we must all try to follow in His footsteps as much as we humanly can. So thank you to everyone who gave me a gift this year - I love you all so much and am so thankful to have so many blessings in my life!

Merry Christmas, everyone!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home